DJI and SkyPixel, one of the world’s most popular aerial photography and videography online communities, today announced details to its yearly anticipated SkyPixel Aerial Photo & Video Contest. Running from December 21, 2021 to February 21, 2022, this year’s contest seeks creative works across six diverse categories of video and four of photography.
As drone technology evolves, more and more people are using the flying cameras to explore the rare scenery around the world, embrace the beauty of nature, and document their daily lives. In the past 6 years, SkyPixel, an open platform for aerial video and photography, has witnessed aerial photographers from all over the world and countless fascinating stories behind their works. Now on its seventh anniversary, SkyPixel looks forward to seeing more creators, artists, and storytellers to fully express their creativity and share their unique perspectives of the world.
This SkyPixel 7th Anniversary Aerial Photo & Video Contest welcomes photo and video pieces in a total of 10 categories. There is no restriction on the type or brand of drones used and participants can submit as many photos or videos as they wish. Submissions will be assessed by the Judging Panel of incredible professionals in the industry, including Yann Arthus-Bertrand, Alex Mellis, Pieter de Vries, Stefan Foster, Karim Iliya, and Yunshan Yu.
This year, SkyPixel and DJI will give away more than 54 awards with a total value of almost USD 100,000. The grand prize winners in the photo and video category will each receive a DJI coupon of USD 7,500 which can be used for any DJI product. Prizes in other award categories include DJI Mavic 3, DJI Air 2S Fly More Combo, DJI RS 2 Pro Combo, DJI Action 2 Dual-Screen Combo, and other cool DJI products.
This year’s contest sets a Mavic 3 Limited Award. The limited award will be given to one photography winner and one video winner who shot their pieces on a DJI Mavic 3. Winners will each get to choose any DJI product valued under USD 6,000. In addition, all submissions shot on a Mavic 3 get a chance of getting selected by the editor and winning a 15% off coupon for DJI Mavic 3 accessories.
Details of the SkyPixel 7th Anniversary Aerial Photo & Video Contest
The video contest consists of 6 categories:
- Nature: Go out in the wild and capture the true beauty of nature.
- City: Document vibrant moments in the city and get immersed in energy, history, and humanity.
- Travel: Share a weekend getaway or an unforgettable adventure around the globe (people must be included in the video).
- FPV: Share an immersive flying experience and bring your audience even closer to the action and excitement.
- Sport: Capture moments in movement, showing the power and energy of people engaged in sports.
- Showreel: Shoot, edit and create a short video showcasing your very own memorable moments from 2021.
NOTE: All videos submitted must contain at least 30 seconds of aerial footage and must not exceed five minutes in length.
The photo contest consists of 4 categories:
- Portrait: Capture a person’s expression, action or life’s passion in the vast beauty of their surroundings
- Nature: Capture a moment in time to reveal the true beauty of nature
- Architecture: Discover amazing structures from a new perspective
- Sport: Capture the energy and excitement of athletes.
NOTE: All photos must be shot on a drone, and each image must be at least 3 MB with a resolution of at least 300 dpi. EXIF data should be retained.
Submission Start Date: December 21, 2021, 14:00 Beijing Time
Submission End Date: February 21, 2022, 14:00 Beijing Time
Award Announcement: March 22, 2022
Interested participants can visit the SkyPixel 7th Anniversary Aerial Photo & Video Contest website for more information on contest rules and guidelines: https://www.skypixel.com/contests/2021
Despite what categories participants decide to enter, please always fly with caution, observe the flight environment and follow local regulations at all times.
Since 2014, the SkyPixel online community (www.skypixel.com) has attracted over 30 million aerial photographers, videographers and content creators from more than 140 countries. SkyPixel contests over the past six years have received over 200,000 submissions that make up a huge collection of extraordinary footage spanning across the themes of nature, culture, architecture, and other aerial masterpieces.