Skylogic Research, LLC today announced the release of its 2017 Drone Market Sector Report examining worldwide drone sales, service providers, business users, and software services. This independent research, which is partially underwritten by Airware and DroneDeploy, identified that businesses are increasingly demanding drone-acquired data in their day-to-day operations and uncovered fresh insights on major drone industry sector sizes and market shares.
Among the many insights in the report, three are especially worth highlighting:
- The U.S. market is flooded with service providers and remote pilots, with very few making enough money to sustain a full-time venture. The data shows that 85% of service providers make less than $50,000 per year, and 79% perform only one to five operations per month.
- More consumer drones are being used for commercial work than ever before. Survey data shows that more than two-thirds (68%) of all drones are purchased for professional purposes—either governmental or business.
- DJI dominates the industry with a 72% global market share for drone purchases across all price points. In North America (U.S. and Canada), it’s 62%.
The research offers insight and analysis on:
- Who’s buying what types of drones, from which makers, at what prices, and for what uses.
- The size and nature of drone-based service providers, how they position themselves, and what markets they’re targeting.
- Who the business users for drone-based projects are, and which industries have traction.
- How service providers and businesses use software for drone-based projects—for flight management, mission planning, and image processing.
“Our online market survey garnered over 2,600 respondents representing more than 60 industries worldwide,” said Colin Snow, CEO and founder of Skylogic Research. “Our analysis yields 10 key insights that summarize the current state of the industry, plus views of the overall market growth and drone use by vertical,” he added.
The report can be purchased here: http://droneanalyst.com/research/research-studies/2017-drone-market-sector-report/
ABOUT SKYLOGIC RESEARCH
Skylogic Research, LLC is a research, content, and advisory services firm supporting all participants in the commercial unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) industry. We provide research-based insights needed to make critical investment decisions with confidence.