At only $599, the first truly consumer-friendly and self-piloting flying camera is the travel photographer of the future and will begin shipping to consumers in the US immediately.
Zero Zero Robotics, announced the shipping launch of its first Hover Camera product – the Hover Camera Passport – available for sale at http://GetHover.com. The flagship model of the Hover Camera announced in April 2016, Hover Camera Passport (MSRP: $599) is tailored to the personal travel experience, bridging the portability of a smartphone and the point of view image capturing capabilities of a drone.
As the only truly self-flying camera on the market, Passport is paving the way for a new category of consumer flying robotics that put simplicity and ease of use first – so that its users can always stay in the moment. Whether exploring the hutongs of Beijing with friends, cliff jumping in the Amalfi Coast, or spending a day in the park as a family – Passport flies without the restraints of controllers interrupting the moments you’ll want to remember. Simply unfold the flying camera, power it on, and Passport will take off – steadily framing the perfect shot using Zero Zero Robotics’ proprietary Embedded AI technology – to capture memories effortlessly in 13MP photos and 4K video.
Beyond ease of use, consumers will also find the Hover Camera Passport introduces a new design into the flying camera field – with its propellers and motors encased in an intricate carbon-fiber structure that’s not only strong and light, but ensure one’s fingers can’t slip through the carbon-fiber enclosure through normal use. Just let go of Hover and it will fly – and grab it out of the air without worry when you’re done.
“Since first announcing Hover Camera in April, we’ve had a chance to listen to our community’s feedback to create a flagship model that is not only more technically advanced, but tailored to their travel and photography needs,” said Mengqiu Wang, CEO and Cofounder of Zero Zero Robotics. “Hover Camera Passport encourages you to look up from your screens and enjoy your memories unrestricted, exploring the world from your own point of view. We’re excited to share our first step towards a new future with the world, and can’t wait to see what our users will capture.”
Hover Camera Product Features:
- Auto-Follow: Tracks your face and body to always keep you in the picture, even on the go, by way of two Auto-Follow modes including Face Tracking and Body Tracking
- Release & Hover: As soon as you let go, Hover Camera Passport hovers steady in place to allow you to quickly and easily capture any moment
- Portable: At just 242 grams, below the FAA 250 grams Hobbyist Drone Registration weight limit, Hover Camera is portable and convenient to carry for any photo worthy moments
- 13 MP Photos & 4K Video: Capture and relive your memories in lifelike quality
- 360 Spin: See a new perspective as Hover Camera Passport films a 360 degree panoramic video of you in your environment
- Orbit: A brand new feature that captures a unique point of view by circling you to capture an iconic 360 degrees wraparound video, even while you walk
- Safe: Hover Camera Passport is both fully enclosed in carbon fiber and boasts AI-based safety mechanisms to ensure the user and their surroundings are unscathed despite being flown indoors and out.
- Self-Positioning: Using a combination of sonar, its downward viewing camera and artificial intelligence, Hover Camera Passport hovers in place so that it’s able to be positioned or repositioned ‘anywhere’ in space like an invisible tripod
Hover Camera Passport will be available for sale at an early-bird price of $549 for a limited time.
To purchase Hover Camera Passport, please visit GetHover.com.
About Zero Zero Robotics: Co-founded in 2014 by former Twitter software engineer and Stanford PHD, MQ Wang, and Stanford PHD Tony Zhang, Zero Zero Robotics is a forward-thinking robotics company pioneering the future of smart flying consumer robotics that empower people to enhance their lives. Zero Zero Robotics’ flagship Hover Camera product, Hover Camera Passport, is an artificially intelligent, flying camera built using proprietary Embedded AI technology to capture your wanderlust moments on-the-go. Zero Zero Robotics is headquartered in Beijing, with offices in San Francisco, Shenzhen, and Hangzhou.
For more information about Hover Camera Passport, visit https://GetHover.com.