SkyPixel, the world’s most popular aerial photography community run in cooperation with DJI, has so far received more than 700 entries from participants in over 45 countries for the 2017 SkyPixel Video Contest.
SkyPixel and DJI have selected some of this year’s best work, showcasing participants’ aerial perspective of the world in the three major categories: Nature, City, and Sport.
Visit the 2017 SkyPixel Video Contest Highlights Page to see the breathtaking drone footage.
For those still interested in participating in the 2017 SkyPixel Video Contest, the deadline for entry is August 2. Whether you’re a new drone user, professional videographer, or someone wanting to showcase their aerial creativity to a wider audience, the international contest is open to anyone in every corner of the globe.
Contest participants can submit their work in any one of the following categories:
- Nature: Tell us a story with landscape shots, revealing the deep secrets of Mother Nature from above.
- City: Capture your city’s unique character and show us places we know and love from a brand-new perspective.
- Sport: Capture the energy and excitement behind a sport or an athlete pursuing their dreams.
Videos captured from any type of aerial platform are welcome. Submissions should not be longer than five minutes and should include at least 30 seconds of aerial footage.
One Grand Prize winner will be selected out of all the entries. The winner will receive a DJI Inspire 2 Premium Combo, Nikon D750 Body + 24-70 mm VR 2.8 Lens, Suunto Spartan Ultra Copper Special Edition (HR) Watch, LaCie d2 Thunderbolt 3 Hard Drive, an Oakley Latch Prizm Sunglasses, and a Tourism Australia Travel Package. Other prizes include the DJI Phantom 4 Pro, DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Combo, and DJI Spark, among others.
SkyPixel will also give out a People’s Choice Prize to the top ten most liked videos (cut-off time for voting is August 2, 14:00 CST). Winners will receive a DJI Osmo Mobile, LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C Hard Drive, Suunto Traverse Alpha Black Watch, and a pair of Oakley Latch Prizm Sunglasses.
A curated judging panel of renowned videographers and influencers will shortlist the winners. The panel includes:
- Phil Pastuhov - Aerial Director of Photography whose credits include The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Godzilla, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2
- Ning Hao – Director and screenwriter of several Chinese blockbusters. His breakout film Crazy Stone (2006) earned a Golden Horse Award for Best Original Screenplay.
- Ryan Hosking – One of the youngest feature film Aerial Director of Photography. Ryan’s film credits include The Revenant, American Sniper, The Nice Guys, and CHiPs.
- Filipe DeAndrade – 10-time Emmy award-winning Director of Photography, wildlife ambassador for National Geographic and Nat Geo WILD
- Robin Mahieux – Director whose creative projects include Chanel, Redbull, Sony, AIA, Cartier, Air China, Porsche, and Jaguar
- David Etienne – TV producer, director, pilot, and commercial drone pilot
- Andy Best – Renowned photographer and filmmaker
- Josh Raab – Multimedia Editor at TIME and professor at the International Center of Photography
- Brad Rickman – Digital Director for Condé Nast Traveler
Contest Deadline: August 2, 2017, 14:00 CST
Award Announcement: August 31, 2017, China Standard Time
For more information about the contest and how to enter, visit: https://www.skypixel.com/events/videocontest2017