GDU today officially launched a new line of interchangeable camera gimbals for different needs and specific uses. Not only was GDU (then named ProDrone) the first manufacturer to release a folding drone, but now the company continues its drone pioneering by being the first to create new modular gimbals. For the first time, modularity becomes the top market differentiator and creates an industry where one drone can be easily customized to fit the needs of the vast majority of users, including professional photographers/videographers and commercial industrial users. Also being launched is the new GDU Byrd Premium 2.0 with an increased integrated video transmission distance of 2000 meters.
The new line of products will be available for purchase from dealers and the GDU Amazon store starting Q1 2017. The Byrd Universal Flying Platform camera gimbal line consists of the following:
- Byrd X ILDC Gimbal – the DSLR and mirrorless universal gimbal. Power on/off, define angle, picture capture and zooming capability. Initially offered at $169.00.
- Byrd X 10 Times Zoom Camera Gimbal – the 4K, 10X zoom camera and gimbal. Ten-times zooming camera with small size and simple operation that shoots remote and close sceneries with the function of one-button automatic focus, manual zooming, 10X optic zooming and 2X digital zooming. Initially offered at $999.00.
- Byrd X Stretching Gimbal – the first one-key stretching gimbal. It can automatically stretch when the drone takes off, and automatically pack up when returning. It can freely shoot without obstructing any angle. The stretching gimbal can carry all the same type of GDU gimbal/camera options. Initially offered at $419.00.
- Byrd X Infrared Camera (Resolution: 640*480) – the GDU developed infrared camera can measure heat accurately, even under little to no light, to recover an accurate image analysis. As the flying temperature monitor control standard, it has been widely applied in the industrial and consumer field; such as agricultural management, outdoor exploration, fire hazard monitoring, search & rescue, and so on. Recommended at $5,299.00 – volume pricing available.
- Byrd Premium 2.0 – an upgrade to the revolutionary Byrd Premium platform with an increased integrated video transmission distance of 2000 meters. Initially offered at $1,049.00.
“GDU has truly changed the game with this new line of camera gimbals,” stated Nicolia Wiles, GDU Director of Digital. “No longer will drone users need to purchase multiple drones to complete different jobs – from aerial photography and videography, to construction monitoring to search and rescue – the new Byrd Universal Flying Platform can handle everything.”
For more information on where to purchase and product specs, visit www.gdu-tech.com.